You can add assets to Kahi without using a beacon, to assist with managing your inventory.
Using the mobile app:
- From the "hamburger" menu in the upper right corner, click on "Plate Scanner"
- Capture the ID plate for the asset you wish to add to your inventory (Make sure it is clear, and cropped to exclude any unnecessary stickers (safety stickers etc) - you want a clear picture of the manufacturer/model/serial number information)
- Click on "Use Photo"
- If the manufacturer is identified, you should be able to continue forward to confirm the details of the asset.
- If the manufacturer can't be identified, you can "manually identify" it by choosing that option.
- After the asset information is confirmed or added, click on "Submit"
- You will be asked, "Do you want to attach a beacon to this asset?" Click on "NO"
- The asset will be added to your inventory!