An orphaned asset is any asset that is out in the field but not assigned to an active job location.
Why does an orphaned asset have an "Unknown" last location in my assets list?
An asset may have an unknown last location if it is at a location/address that is not yet confirmed in the Kahi app, previously ignored, or if it is outside of the geofence of an Active location. This stresses the importance of ensuring that locations are reviewed consistently and daily if your account is not integrated with one of our job-claim integration partners (Encircle & Albiware).
Once the unconfirmed location is reviewed and confirmed, any orphaned asset located at that location will update to that location.
To Review your Orphaned Assets:
- Access your alert centre from the upper right corner of your Kahi account
- Open the "Orphaned Assets" tab, which will populate your list of orphaned assets
- The orphaned assets will be listed with their home location, current latitude and longitude coordinates, as well as any suggested nearby job sites that it may belong to. If there are no suggested job sites, it will be indicated as such
- If there are no suggested job sites, we recommend viewing the asset on your Kahi map and adding your job location manually
- "Assign to Location" tool: this tool can be used to assign an orphaned asset to its nearby job location. The tool will identify any active/inactive/recent job site locations within a 20km radius for you to manually update the asset to. You will need to enter a date/time in that is AFTER the asset's "Last Seen" timestamp. Please contact email@example.com for assistance with regard to this tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.