Got a question about the Kahi Hale, or anything else Kahi? Send it to us at email@example.com
- Why are you changing to this new gateway? Is it mandatory to make the switch?
The benefits are many, but the #1 reason is to make it easier on you, our clients! Namely, this gateway is no longer dependent on wifi access and is completely cellular-based. So, no worries if there are network changes to your wifi! It is also SO much easier to provision (it quite literally is a ‘plug and play’ solution that you and your crew can depend on)
The upgrade will be mandatory, so as to allow us to provide an updated, industry-focused solution to asset tracking. The older framework will eventually be laid to rest.
- Do I need to pay more for the Kahi Hale cellular-based gateways? Do I need a new SIM card or data plan?
Your pricing structure remains the same! There are no additional plans or cards or data that you need to worry about. That's all on us, from the backend of the upgrade. No price increases, nothing to add to your personal/business cell plans, nothing!
- What do I use to power the Kahi Hale?
Existing clients are asked to use the USB-C power cord from their older fixed gateways to power up the new Kahi Hale. New clients will be provided with a standard USB-C power cord.
- Does the Kahi Hale have a CAT5 port, similar to the older models?
Because it is cellular-based, it does not have a CAT5 port. It requires power, using the USB-C adapter. We are asking clients to use the same adapter that came with your older unit for the new unit.
- What is the process to swap out the old models for the new?
They are easy to swap out/swap in, as outlined here.
- Can I use this in my truck/semi instead of a Raven? Can I use the Kahi Hale for off-site storage or long-term job locations?
The Kahi Hale gateway will (eventually) have three separate uses. For now, we are focussing on using them for warehouse gateways, but eventually, we will be utilizing them for vehicle and remote job sites. More to come on that as we get there - one step/use at a time!
- Where can I buy more Kahi Hale units for my company?
You can purchase the Kahi Hale through our store. You only need one per location!
- Can I set up the Kahi Hale in my office, then move it later to our warehouse?
This shouldn't cause any issue unless you have connectivity at your desk/office, but not in the warehouse. Ideally, it is best to do it all together/at once, but it shouldn't hurt the unit.
- What is the radius for the Kahi Hale's pickup ability?
The Hale does not have a static radius that we can definitively confirm. It depends on a number of factors, including obstructions (materials/thickness), other electro-magnetic interference, and similar. A guess would be about 500ft. We suggest ensuring the device is in a clear area, perhaps installed near windows/doors to ensure high cellular connectivity.
- What do the LED indicators mean?
There are three indicator lights on the Kahi Hale:
Charge: This light is only on while it is charging
GPS: This light indicates GPS connectivity
Cloud: This light indicates cellular and cloud connectivity
Please sign in to leave a comment.