We are excited to introduce the new cellular-based Kahi Hale gateway! It’s easy to get set up - we’ll guide you through! Please note that only owners and managers have permission to install/uninstall gateways.
**If you are installing the Kahi Hale for a new location, and not replacing an older model, please see the directions outlined here.**
STEP 1: Uninstalling the Kahi Fixed Gateway (older model)
Before installing your new Kahi Hale gateway, you can physically uninstall your older Kahi Fixed Gateway. Please reuse the USB-C power adapter that came with your original gateway to power your Kahi Hale.
After the Kahi Hale is installed, the older gateway can be uninstalled from your account using the mobile app:
- Open the Kahi app
- Select “Gateways” from the menu options
- Find the gateway you need to uninstall; click on “Uninstall” and confirm
In an effort to decrease our carbon footprint, the older gateways are not needed to be returned to Kahi. We encourage you to explore how to use the Raspberry Pi units in new & innovative ways!
STEP 2: Installing Kahi Hale
- Remove the Kahi Hale from the bubble wrap, keeping the barcode label that’s printed on the wrap handy for provisioning later on.
- Secure the Kahi Hale in your warehouse/storage area in an unobtrusive area, preferably high up on a wall overlooking where most of your assets will be situated and near equipment exit points. We recommend using a zip tie to keep it in place, and to ensure the power source won’t be disrupted.
- Once secured, plug the Kahi Hale into your USB-C power adapter. We suggest using a surge protector, if possible.
- Three lights will be activated upon powering up; no buttons to press to activate the unit.
- The Kahi Hale will take about 15 minutes to complete its firmware updates after the install is complete. Once the bottom light (blue) stops blinking and goes into a regular blue/fading pattern, the Hale is connected to the cloud network, and your crew can commence provisioning your asset beacons!
STEP 3: Provisioning Kahi Hale
- Using the Kahi app, open the “QR Scanner” from the menu, and scan the serial number/barcode that is located on the bubble wrap packaging (it is also located on the back of the device). Tip: Save the barcode from the packaging in a safe area for easy reference.
- Once scanned, the app will prompt you to “Install Gateway”. Add the install area and select your location, then hit “Submit”. You will be prompted to take a picture of the unit in its installed area.