We know clients like to test out a beacon on random items when they first get their Kahi equipment (it's a fun little experiment!) But what do you do when your experiment is done, and you have a beacon assigned to your dog or coffee maker, and you want to use it on a Dehumidifier?
You may also decommission a piece of equipment, and would like to use it on another asset. You can follow the process below for how to reuse that beacon for a new asset.
1. Find the asset you wish to 'remove' from your inventory under your Assets list in the web app.
2. Click on the asset; in the upper left area of the page, you will see a red "Delete" button, above the details/map/history/metadata options. Click it to 'soft delete' the asset.
3. Once an asset is "soft deleted", it is moved to the "Deleted" asset list. To find this list, click on assets; in the blue area under "Filter", and on the right-hand side, you will see the hyperlink, "Deleted". Open this list by clicking on the "Deleted" button.
4. From this list, you can opt to "Restore" assets back to active status, or PERMANENTLY delete them. If you wish to reuse the beacon associated with the removed asset, you will need to PERMANENTLY delete the asset profile. To do so, click on the asset, and again click on the red "Delete" button at the top.
5. Once the asset profile is permanently deleted, the beacon previously assigned to it can now be reused for another piece of equipment. You will have to go through the original provisioning process at this point, as outlined here.
6. If you are changing the beacon on an already provisioned/added asset, please follow the swapping directions outlined here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.