General information about the beacons.
- The beacons use a CR2477 Lithium Cell battery.
- The batteries have a life expectancy of about 2 years or more.
- You will get a 'low battery' alert for a beacon running low on power (50% life left), which will escalate to a 'critical low battery' alert (25% life) if not changed.
- When installing the battery into the beacon, ensure the battery is "+" side UP. When sliding in, a blue light will flash for a brief second under the beacon panel. This is best viewed in low light
- When threaded tightly, the beacons are 100% protected against solid objects like dust and sand and have been tested to work for at least 30 minutes while under 15cm to 1m of water. They are IP67 rated.