We are excited to introduce the new cellular-based Kahi Hale gateway! It’s easy to get set up - we’ll guide you through! Please note that only owners and managers have permission to install/uninstall gateways.
What you will need:
1 - the Kahi Hale unit and USB-C cable
2 - the Kahi mobile app (download available here) for provisioning
3 - power access (preferably an outlet located in a secure area)
Please read through and follow ALL 3 STEPS outlined below.
STEP 1: Add your Warehouse Location
Your warehouse location should be created in the web application, as the mapping options offer more precision. This permission is only available to select users. Once the warehouse has been created, scan your gateway and proceed. Follow the directions here on how to add a warehouse location in the web app or mobile app.
Create a new Warehouse Location from the Web App:
- From the menu on the left, select "Warehouses"
- Click the green "New Warehouse" button in the upper-right corner, and type in the address of your warehouse/facility. Choose the address from the suggested addresses that appear in the dropdown menu
- Rename the Warehouse to something unique!
- Click "Create" - your new warehouse location has been created.
STEP 2:Installing Kahi Hale
- Remove the Kahi Hale from the bubble wrap, keeping the barcode label that’s printed on the wrap handy for provisioning later on.
- Secure the Kahi Hale in your warehouse/storage area in an unobtrusive area, preferably high up on a wall overlooking where most of your assets will be situated and near equipment exit points. We recommend using a zip tie to keep it in place, and to ensure the power source won’t be disrupted.
- Once secured, plug the Kahi Hale into your USB-C power adapter. We suggest using a surge protector, if possible.
- Three lights will be activated upon powering up; no buttons to press to activate the unit.
- The Kahi Hale will take about 15 minutes to complete its firmware updates after the install is complete. Once the bottom light (blue) stops blinking and goes into a regular blue/fading pattern, the Hale is connected to the cloud network, and your crew can commence provisioning your asset beacons!
STEP 3: Provisioning Kahi Hale
- Using the Kahi app, open the “QR Scanner” from the menu, and scan the serial number/barcode that is located on the bubble wrap packaging (it is also located on the back of the device). Tip: Save the barcode from the packaging in a safe area for easy reference.
- Once scanned, the app will prompt you to “Install Gateway”. Add the install area and select your location, then hit “Submit”. You will be prompted to take a picture of the unit in its installed area.
Next, you will be provisioning mobile gateways and asset beacons.
Please sign in to leave a comment.